“99 percent of all statistics only tell 49 percent of the story.”
― Ron DeLegge II, Gents with No Cents
Something new I learned at work today…
Did you know, that a cast saw uses vibrations to cut instead of spinning like a regular saw? I sure didn’t. When I saw the casting technician turn on the saw and run it across her hand I was a little surprised. I know casting saws don’t cut through skin, but I wasn’t sure how they actually prevented that. When the tech told me it was the vibrations that caused the saw to cut through the fiberglass, I became more curious. So I read some articles on it, and watched her do another cast removal. If you’re still curious on how it works or want to watch a video, click the button below. Thanks for reading about my random bit of knowledge!
“The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.”
– Frank Herbert
Hi everyone! I hope you’re hanging in there during the United States sixth month mark for the pandemic. I know it is a strain on our mental health and physical health. Stay strong, and try to stay positive. You’ve got this!
I also wanted to apologize for my lack of blogging the last couple of weeks. I have started a full time job again and doing two classes for college. Trying to balance school, work and free time is proving to be somewhat hard. Once I get a handle on a good schedule, I will be posting more. Thank you for your continued support!
In light of today’s date, here’s a fun song:
“If you can stay positive in a negative situation, you win.”
“What we learn with pleasure we never forget.”
– Alfred Mercier
When you do exams you never want to be the one who finishes first and you never want to be the one who finishes last.
– Anthony T. Hincks
This is a day America will never forget.
60 Police Officers
“September 11 impressed upon us that life is a precious gift…. And I think we all have a duty to devote at least a small portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11.”
— Bill Frist
Every beat of your heart is a rhythm of your soul.
– Yogi tea bag
One of my favorite things about Yogi tea is their little quotes that come with each tea bag.
August seems to have flown by for me. One minute I’m setting up my goals and thinking about school, the next minute I’m in school and working full time. Let’s see what goals I have been able to achieve and work on from August. If you’d like to look at them click here.
- I need to continue to stay more active with my blog. Trying to write or put up a little daily insight.
- I have been working out almost 3 days a week. I had a pretty good schedule. With work I have to find some time.
- I am still working on the “28 Day Challenge.”
- Meal prepping…It’s been kind of working. I need to learn more and become better at it.
- I am becoming more organized and using my journal more.
- I am still staying positive and having a happier attitude. Some day’s are harder than others.
Now, while I’m still growing and achieving these goals, here are some goals I added for September:
- Learn to meal prep more effectively.
- Stop procrastinating with homework and things that I have to get done. One example would be my online training for work.
- Get back into a Yoga routine.
- Find a skin care routine that works for me, and stick to it.
What are some of your goals for September? Are you currently in the middle of working on some goals? Let me know down in the comment section below. I would love to hear them!
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
“Worrying about something you can’t change will forever be the biggest waste of your time.”