Time to Ring in the New Year
I hope everyone celebrated the new year safely and happily. This new year I will be doing it a little differently. I usually like to make resolutions to try and achieve by the end of the year. However, I tend to undershoot and end up disappointed that I didn’t set out to do. Instead, I will be doing my normal life and just being as positive and proactive as I can be. This takes some stress off of my shoulders and will hopefully let me spend this year better. I’m seeing this as a trial period and how it turns out.
How did you celebrate the new year? Any goals or new ways to spend the year?
You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” ―Hillary DePiano
The journey of my tea advent calendar has finally come to an end. I finished the last of the teas. I enjoyed this advent calendar more so than the traditional chocolate ones. One of the reasons is because each day was something new to try and look forward to. A new flavor and a new saying that goes with each one.
- Day 13 – wild apple & cinnamon – From old orchards apples come with sweet and spicy cinnamon. Perfect Christmas heaven.
- Day 14 – peppermint & licorice – Minty cool, sweet with delight. The perfect post feast treat.
- Day 15 – lemongrass & ginger – Herbs to bring a little Christmas zing to your day- a lemony kick to stir your soul.
- Day 16 – relax – Find a quiet moment. Let marshmallow root and chamomile flowers be your gentle calm.
- Day 17 – Chamomile vanilla & manuka honey – dusky vanilla infused chamomile. Sweet manuka to bring a smile.
- Day 18 – licorice & cinnamon – Cinnamon and cacoa- sweeter still with licorice. No more heavenly brew than this.
- Day 19 – tulsi clarity – For when all is frantic. Let sacred herbs bring clarity to your Christmas.
- Day 20 – three chamomile – Sit back on a bed of flowers. Chamomile will let the hours gently flow.
- Day 21 – cleanse – Here is a tea of cool mint green. Sparkle and glow with a Christmas sheen.
- Day 22 – after dinner – Tea for after dinner.
- Day 23 – three licorice – As sweet as sweet can be with three forms of licorice blended beautifully for tea.
- Day 24 – three fennel – Only Santa need be awake. These are the herbs to magic you to Christmas Day.
I hope everyone had a safe and amazing Christmas. With New Years on the way stay safe, celebrate and ring in the New Year! To trying new things, and always looking forward to new things.
Freshly-cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin— inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.
– John J. Geddes
We’re a third of the way through the year 🌼
April is on its way out and were ready to bring in May. This year is definitely breezing by and, I can’t decide if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. While in some ways I do enjoy seeing the months pass, I also realize that the year is ending and I need to keep getting my life in order. May is the month to take care of your mental health and its Military Appreciation Month too. This year and last year has been an extreme rollercoaster of emotions that has in some way, affected all of us. We have fought through everything that has been thrown our way and we have to try to take care of ourselves. Mind, body and soul.
May is where I will be taking care of my mental well being. These past couple of months I have put it on the backburner. I am learning to find things that reignite my soul and mind. A few ideas are hiking, gardening and learning more about crystals, rocks and plants. I’m drawn to these things and when I learn about them it sends peace through my body. I am also being more diligent on what I eat and working out more with no excuses. Making it through April to May and actually keeping up to date on my Bullet Journal was an achievement. Around month 4, I always seem to give up and get into a rut, and stay in that rut. This time though, I was able to get out of the rut, with some help and stick to my goals.
How do feel so far through this year? Have you taken up any new hobbies or had any new ideas? Keep staying strong, being smart and being safe. If you have any new things you think I should try, leave them below in the comments. I would love to read them. 💚 Kat
“If you are losing your leisure, look out! — It may be you are losing your soul.”
― Virginia Woolf
One of my favorite places to take photos is on the plane. Everything is so surreal and calm. It also helps when you have a pretty majestic playlist to listen to. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I enjoyed taking them.
It’s amazing what you can see when you’re in the sky.
“Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.”
Where has time gone? It is already April and these months have sure flown by. For the month of April I have joined a challenge for the American Cancer Society. The challenge is, to do 25 push-ups, every day for the month and record your progress. The challenge is to spread awareness and bring everyone together. You can also check out their Facebook page to see everyone’s progress and future news. I am doing this for my Auntie who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and for everyone who has been affected by Cancer. 💓 Stay strong, stay safe.
“Cancer is a word, not a sentence.” – John Diamond
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echos are truly endless.”
What my tea of wisdom has for me today:
“In the beginning is you, in the middle is you and in the end is you.”
“I don’t want to be just one thing. I want to be brave and selfless and intelligent and honest and kind.”
― Veronica Roth