“Here’s to freedom, cheers to art. Here’s to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start.”
― Jason Mraz
I think of every Veterans day as a time to relive the memories I have had in the U.S Navy. I love to reflect on what I learned, the family I made and the memories that I will always cherish. There were times where I wanted to give up and just get of the Navy, but I pushed through them and became the woman I am today. I am thankful for everyone I have met on this journey so far and I can’t wait to see what’s still in store for me. Seven years down, many more to go! Thank you to all my brothers and sisters who I have had the honor of serving with.
HM3 (SW) Kat
“A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.“
President Theodore Roosevelt
“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.”
― Guy Gavriel Kay, Tigana
Hi everyone! I hope you’re hanging in there during the United States sixth month mark for the pandemic. I know it is a strain on our mental health and physical health. Stay strong, and try to stay positive. You’ve got this!
I also wanted to apologize for my lack of blogging the last couple of weeks. I have started a full time job again and doing two classes for college. Trying to balance school, work and free time is proving to be somewhat hard. Once I get a handle on a good schedule, I will be posting more. Thank you for your continued support!
In light of today’s date, here’s a fun song:
“If you can stay positive in a negative situation, you win.”
Every beat of your heart is a rhythm of your soul.
– Yogi tea bag
One of my favorite things about Yogi tea is their little quotes that come with each tea bag.
August seems to have flown by for me. One minute I’m setting up my goals and thinking about school, the next minute I’m in school and working full time. Let’s see what goals I have been able to achieve and work on from August. If you’d like to look at them click here.
- I need to continue to stay more active with my blog. Trying to write or put up a little daily insight.
- I have been working out almost 3 days a week. I had a pretty good schedule. With work I have to find some time.
- I am still working on the “28 Day Challenge.”
- Meal prepping…It’s been kind of working. I need to learn more and become better at it.
- I am becoming more organized and using my journal more.
- I am still staying positive and having a happier attitude. Some day’s are harder than others.
Now, while I’m still growing and achieving these goals, here are some goals I added for September:
- Learn to meal prep more effectively.
- Stop procrastinating with homework and things that I have to get done. One example would be my online training for work.
- Get back into a Yoga routine.
- Find a skin care routine that works for me, and stick to it.
What are some of your goals for September? Are you currently in the middle of working on some goals? Let me know down in the comment section below. I would love to hear them!
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
“Worrying about something you can’t change will forever be the biggest waste of your time.”
“Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be.” – John Wooden